Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Internet Tube Damage

SBC Communications, Inc. AKA AT&T Inc. AKA Incompetent Idiots of the Internets (see Ted Stevens) are having problems keeping their tubes clear. My access to the Internet is shaky at best; not all at worst, mostly for the worst right now. As if the current round of connection problems weren't bad enough and completely their fault with line problems, I'm sure everyone knows the absolute joy of trying to resolve an issue with their non-existent customer support and billing reps over the phone. SBC/ATT have repeatedly screwed me on billing by always charging me more than quoted than giving a partial credit one month then back to the overcharging a month later. It would be too simple for them to have one person to handle you entire account. If they were to do that they couldn't get away with their incompetence and illegal billing practices. Instead, they expect you to call one person for phone billing questions, one Internet services billing, another for Internet problems, a different one for phone line troubles, an entirely different person for scheduling repairs, and yet one more for arranging service changes that you didn't request. I'm sick of it and with my ongoing health problems I don't need the stress of dealing with their bullshit anymore!

I'm in the middle of preparing a letter detailing what I have gone through over just the past 18 months to the Missouri Attorney General. I have had problems with SBC/ATT for nearly 7 years, but didn't have much of choice for hi-speed access until recently. I'm looking into Charter Cable. They now supply Internet access in my area, I have been a subscriber to Charter Cable TV for a while. I now see the opportunity to leave SBC/ATT behind and go to Charter for cable TV, high-speed Internet, and phone. They can't be any worse than the idiots at SBC/ATT and probably will be better judging from their past cable TV service.

Unfortunately, this means that my postings may be light to none at all until I can get this resolved and a stable connection. The funny thing is my connection went out again yesterday evening and was out till sometime today, but is working perfectly right now despite heavy thunderstorms in the area.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karl said...

Just like most high speed interent providers, they'll start carign about you when a competitor appears in your area. Maybe they just don't know yet, tell them, I am sure your problems will get fixed fast.

T1 Connection Get free price quotes on T1 lines, T3 lines, or WAN frame relay solution!

3:55 PM, March 17, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had the same problem with them on billing and when I called customer support i couldnt even understand them lol. So i researched online and found a cheap and reliable high speed internet service provider that has dsl and other broadband services. I have never had a problem with them and they actually care about their customers. Check them out: http://t3blowout.com

4:09 AM, October 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home